Plutarch, Antony 9.5: Reasons why people believed Mark Antony to be a horrible person:
- getting so drunk at a wedding he threw up into his own toga the next day
- hanging about with mimes and actresses (and we all know about those…)
- putting up tents when he travelled
- too many fancy parties
- letting whores into decent people’s houses
- some sort of desire to dress like a young Hercules
- and finally, having chariots drawn by lions.
That’s what I gather from Plutarch, anyhow.
Here’s the 2012 drawing: